On 06/04/2015 08:55 AM, Jim Nasby wrote:

Personally, I'd rather we publish a list of formally vetted and approved
versions of PGXN modules. There are many benefits to that, and the
downside of not having that stuff as part of make check would be
overcome by the explicit testing we would need to have for approved
modules.

I tried to come up with more words but: Exactly.

The benefit to this idea so far exceeds the benefit to having contrib.

Sincerely,

JD

--
The most kicking donkey PostgreSQL Infrastructure company in existence.
The oldest, the most experienced, the consulting company to the stars.