Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> writes:
> On 2016-03-29 12:28:40 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> My proposal would be to invent a new elevel macro, maybe LOG_ONLY,
>> for this purpose.  But under the hood it'd be the same as COMMERROR.

> A couple years back I proposed making thinks like COMERROR into flags |
> ed into elevel, rather than distinct levels.  I still think that's a
> better approach; and it doesn't force us to forgo using distinct log
> levels.

If we invent LOG_ONLY (feel free to bikeshed the name), we could later
redefine it as (LOG | ERR_HIDE_FROM_CLIENT), if we ever upgrade the
underlying implementation to allow that.  But I remain concerned about
dealing with logic like "if (elevel < ERROR)", and I am unconvinced that
there's a near-term use-case here that's compelling enough to justify
finding all the places that do that.