Hi Rahila,

still thinking about the syntax (sorry):

On 04.05.2017 13:44, Rahila Syed wrote:
[...] The syntax implemented in this patch is as follows,

CREATE TABLE p11 PARTITION OF p1 DEFAULT;

Rewriting the following:

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 4:02 PM, amul sul <sula...@gmail.com <mailto:sula...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    [...] CREATE TABLE p1 PARTITION OF test FOR VALUES IN  (DEFAULT)
    PARTITION BY LIST(b); [...]

It yields

CREATE TABLE p1 PARTITION OF test DEFAULT PARTITION BY LIST(b);

This reads to me like "DEFAULT PARTITION".

I can imagine a lot of confusion when those queries are encountered in the wild. I know this thread is about creating a default partition but I were to propose a minor change in the following direction, I think confusion would be greatly avoided:

CREATE TABLE p1 PARTITION OF test*AS *DEFAULT PARTITION*ED* BY LIST(b);

I know it's a bit longer but I think those 4 characters might serve readability in the long term. It was especially confusing to see PARTITION in two positions serving two different functions.

Sven