We remain sceptical about writing an RDBMS in Java. The earlier
version of TelegraphCQ was in Java and turned out to be a bit of a
pain.

Some more information:

Mehul A. Shah, Samuel Madden, Michael J. Franklin, Joseph
M. Hellerstein: Java Support for Data-Intensive Systems: Experiences
Building the Telegraph Dataflow System. SIGMOD Record 30(4): 103-114
(2001)

Apart from our group, the database research group in Wisconsin also
rewrote their Niagara system from Java to C++.

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh

      joining column's datatypes do not match