On Mar 23, 2004, at 11:45, Tom Lane wrote:

AFAICS, though, CVS is not broken for our needs.  I don't see an
adequate reason to change.

Yes, of course. I guess my point is that if you're going to move away from CVS, please don't just jump to ``slightly better CVS.''

I'm looking forward to a world with more open source projects in distributed revision control. The ones I'm tracking and doing personal branches against (vim, tla, a couple of other small projects) are liberating.

Branching a tree I didn't expect to even have to edit while on an airplane recently was a very pleasant experience. Actually, being able to branch without thinking about the horrible consequences of CVS has been wonderful in general.

As long as CVS works for you, though, you should continue to use it.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings