Tatsuo brought up the an excellent point (that I have been saying for a
long time), that the number of must-fix bugs from previous releases is
shrinking, and the complexity of new features is increasing.

This dictates the that length of our release process should lengthen
over time.

May I also make the point that I have only _just_ upgraded all our production database servers to 7.4? Unless there are really compelling new features in 7.5, I as yet see no reason to upgrade to 7.5 at any point.

As Postgres gets larger and postgres databases get larger, and we properly maintain the previous versions, then the need to upgrade is gone. It doesn't matter to me if it's a 1 year or 2 year development cycle at the moment.

Chris

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not match