The much I am for pulling stuff that does not belong into core, doing it just for the fun of cleaning up or trimming doesn't do. One of the major functions of CVS is that one can tag collections of revisions that together build a release, a "known to be working snapshot of file revisions". If we completely lose the ability to tell what version of what PL, client interface or extension works with what version of the backend, we're losing some important detail here.

Also, one of the best features of PostgreSQL is that you can, at will write a procedure in just about anything... It seems that keeping at least
the most popular pl implementations would be an important step.

]

Jan

+1-503-667-4564 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.commandprompt.com