Peter Eisentraut wrote:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Uhhh?? Are you ripping out all core pls then? plPerlNG is supposed to
replace plPerl, I was talking with Bruce and he seemed to think that
(as long as the code was good enough) that we could incorporate
plPHP???

One reason against including plPHP in the core would be that it would
create a circular build dependency between the packages postgresql and
php.  I think we should rather avoid that.

It is no different that the dependency between plPerl and Perl, plPython and Python or worse
plTCL and TCL (which typically isn't installed anymore).

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

+1-503-667-4564 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.commandprompt.com