Christopher Kings-Lynne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> The problem here is not with pg_dump; the problem is that dropping
>> privileges doesn't cascade to dropping objects that are dependent on
>> those privileges.  AFAICS the SQL spec requires us to be able to do
>> the latter.

> The spec really requires that??  So basically we have RESTRICT and
> CASCADE on REVOKE?

Well, the spec doesn't have create permissions per se, but they do have
a "usage" right on domains, and they specify that revoking that results
in dropping objects:

         7) For every abandoned domain descriptor DO, let S1.DN be the
            <domain name> of DO. The following <drop domain statement> is
            effectively executed without further Access Rule checking:

              DROP DOMAIN S1.DN CASCADE

Similarly, revoking access to tables etc. results in physical changes to
views that reference those tables.  So I think the idea is pretty clear.