Marc G. Fournier wrote:

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

No, I think that was the right time to make a decision. Before that things were in a great state of flux. My suggestion is that there should be some minimum time (I suggested 6 weeks to 2 months) between when the decision is made/announced and the actual freeze date. In the present case we would have probably have ended up with a date very like what we now have, but without the June 1 false start, which many (including me) felt tried to set the date too early and gave insufficient notice to those who wanted to make the cut.

Except, as some have already mentioned, the June 1st "false start" as you put it, was never a surprise ... *shrug*

We've been aropund this block already, so I'm not going to continue. If you think the process is working just fine then don't change it. I don't, but then I am not in a position to make the decisions.

cheers

andrew