Bruce Momjian wrote:
Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

Bruce Momjian wrote:

http://www.hserus.net/~shridhar/regression.diffs.gz
http://www.hserus.net/~shridhar/regression.out

Uh, were did you get this snapshot? Hold old was it? These newline problems were fixed perhaps 2 weeks ago.

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/dev/postgresql-snapshot.tar.gz

It is timestamped at 6/7/2004, 8:09 AM.

Anyways, I will install flex and bison and use CVS. I was just being lazy to opt for a snapshot..

That is certainly new enough.  We added a MinGW workaround to fix a
problem with extra newlines coming from psql, but you might have a
configuration that doesn't need the workaround.

Do you need this line in psql/print.c?

        #ifndef __MINGW32__
            /* for some reason MinGW outputs an extra newline, so this supresses it */
            fputc('\n', fout);
        #endif

That might be the cause of your problem? If you have it try removing it and recompile.

No it is not. A quick #if 0...#endif around it and recompile produced 87 failures out of 95 test, one being ignored.

Leaving it for a full build as I am calling it a day. Will give it another go tomorrow morning..

 Shridhar