I wrote:

Bruce Momjian wrote:

Can someone confirm that the newer 1.10 MinGW doesn't need the psql print.c newline hack? If so, we can do a version test in that area and mark it down as a mingw version-specific bug.

I assume you mean MSys 1.0.10 - I have that plus MinGW 3.1.0-1 these are the latest releases that are not "candidates"

The fix seems needed on mine. Still investigating.

I have pretty much eliminated the possibility that some CVS nastiness with line endings could cause the problem - I tested with a checkout via a cvs that translates line endings, one that does not (cygwin's), and the nightly snapshot. All gave clean results with the fix in, dirty with it removed. Presumably it must be a function of either the OS or the MSys/MinGW setup.

My System:
 W2K
 5.00.2195
 SP4
 x86 Family 6 model 8
 MSys 1.0.10
 MinGW 3.1.0-1

Command used to test: "./configure --without-zlib; make check"

At this stage I have no clue as to what systems might/might not need the fix.

cheers

andrew