I know of bot SQL*Server and Oracle database systems on Win32 with
hundreds of millions of rows and many hundreds of gigabytes of space.
These are production systems, run by fortune 500 companies.

I expect that PostgreSQL systems on Win32 will have multiple 64-bit CPU
systems, with 16 gigs or so of ram, and a terabyte of disk, not long
after 7.5 is released (unless problems with PostgreSQL on that platform
turn up).

Is that what you have in mind when you say "small systems"?

I expect that one year after release, there will be ten times as many
PostgreSQL systems on Win32 as all combined versions now on UNIX flavors
(of course, that is a SWAG, but I think a sound one)

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster