- How does the above point affect full dumps that include schema and data? In my proposal, the copy commands will run as the user running the script, not the table owner anymore. Presumably, the user running the script is a superuser. Given that it is possible for a table owner to revoke their own INSERT privilege on their table, the existing behaviour is broken anyway.

Yes, confirmed. Current pg_dump is quite broken in the situation where a table owner revokes their own INSERT privilege. It attempts to run COPY as the owner of the table. Only a superuser is guaranteed to be able to always insert. We should fix that.

Chris