Peter Eisentraut wrote:

Alvaro Herrera wrote:

What was the rule for increasing the first number after just before
7.0?

That was just to avoid having to release a 6.6.6, which Jan had clearly been working towards. :-)

Seriously, major version jumps correspond to epoch-like changes, like when the code moved out of Berkeley, or when we switched from bug fixing to adding features. Maybe the next epoch would be after a hostile takeover of firebird. But right now I see no epoch change, just a potential for confusing users. Consistency and humbleness can be a virtue.

Have a win32 native implementation is not a epoch change about you ?

Regards Gaetano Mendola

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend