Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

OK, everything for pg_dump TODO I can think of:

[snip]
* Export to other database (eg. Oracle, MySQL and DB2) formats

This strikes me as a can of worms, or to mix metaphors a bit, a rathole from which we might never emerge.

I did have a thought the other day - now that we have COPY in/out talking CSV format, it might be nice to have an option on pg_dump to use CSV format rather than our own native text format.

That should make exporting to other DBs a lot easier. Of course, that could be cutting our own throat too ...

cheers

andrew

http://archives.postgresql.org