On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

What the hey? For how long is that going to be our excuse for sucking? No wonder everyone thinks we're newbie unfriendly and hard to use...

We are in a beta freeze ... not having ALTER SCHEMA to move tablespaces is not a bug, and is not appropriate for adding during a beta freeze ... once 8.0 is released, it can be added for 8.1's release ...

So what you're saying is that beta freeze should never have been declared, and in fact it was declared too early based on people's fear of a "late release", rather than any sort of logical feature-completeness?

Nope, what I'm saying is the same thing I've been saying since June 1st, and you are reenforcing ... tablespaces as a whole should have been held off until 8.0 was released, since it wasn't complete :)

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664