On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

Philip Warner wrote:
At 03:15 PM 23/08/2004, Tom Lane wrote:

I thought the idea was for pg_dump to emit something like

        SET magic_tablespace_variable = some_ts;
        CREATE TABLE foo (columns...);

rather than

        CREATE TABLE foo (columns...) TABLESPACE some_ts;

the point being...

Yep.

This brings up another issue. We now dump a non-standard clause from pg_dump when using tablespaces:

        CREATE TABLE xx (
            y integer
        ) TABLESPACE tmp;

We avoided this with oids but it seems we have added another.  I don't
see a good way of avoiding this like we had with oids.

Isn't that what hte proposed (or implemented?) "SET DEFAULT_TABLESPACE" was for?

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664