Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

At this point we have a known critical bug. Usually the PostgreSQL community
is all over critical bugs. Why is this any different?

It sounds to me that people are just annoyed that users don't RTFM. Get over it. Most won't. If users RTFM more often, it would put most support companies out of business.

I wonder if I should point out that we just had 3 people suffering XID wraparound failure in 2 days in the IRC channel...

I have had half a dozen new customers in the last six months that have had the same problem. Nothing like the phone call:

Uhmmm I am a new customer, help I can't see my databases.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Chris

-- Command Prompt, Inc., home of Mammoth PostgreSQL - S/ODBC and S/JDBC Postgresql support, programming shared hosting and dedicated hosting. +1-503-667-4564 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.commandprompt.com PostgreSQL Replicator -- production quality replication for PostgreSQL

begin:vcard
fn:Joshua Drake
n:Drake;Joshua
org:Command Prompt, Inc.
adr:;;PO Box 215 ;Cascade Locks;OR;97014;US
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Consultant
tel;work:503-667-4564
tel;fax:503-210-0334