pl-j and pl/java are working together to create a shared interface so that
they can co-exist. This is the part that we wish to have added to the main source
tree. It will just be the C portion of the code that does rely on the backend.

Dave

Tom Lane wrote:
"Joshua D. Drake" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Kind of offtopic but at that point should we also include plJava?

Not decided, but it's surely on the radar screen for this discussion.
Joe Conway's PL/R is in the back of my mind as well --- it likely has
a smaller userbase than the first two, but from a maintenance standpoint
it probably belongs on the same level.

Should we put plPHP in contrib/plphp? With its own build options?

Not under contrib either: it's got to be a separate source tree.
I grow a bit weary and am not seeing exactly how this maps to a CVS
setup... do we need more than one CVS module?

Dave Cramer
http://www.postgresintl.com
519 939 0336
ICQ#14675561