Joe Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I've considered relicensing PL/R with a BSD license, but I haven't been
> able to decide whether I really can do that given libR's GPL status, and
> I'm afraid it might tick off the R core developers if I do.

The direction I see this going in wouldn't require relicensing.  I don't
see any problem with having both BSD and GPL code in our CVS.  What we
want is to try to keep them separate in what we ship: the core tarball
should include only BSD code, but other tarballs could be GPL or LGPL
or whatever.

Given that PL/R depends on linking to a GPL'd R library, it'd be pretty
pointless to insist on PL/R being BSD anyway --- to use it, you'd still
have to obey the restrictions of the GPL.