"Merlin Moncure" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Argument 3: backwards compatibility.  Do you remember how tablespaces
> introduction broke pgAdmin?

This argument, at least, is bogus.  See my original comments to Josh:
it is not credible that these views will be significantly more stable
than the underlying catalogs.  We don't change the catalogs on whims;
we change them because we have to in order to make some significant
improvement in functionality.  For instance, if this nested-schema
idea goes in, the proposed views will have to change, or else become
useless for most of the purposes they are being touted for.

      joining column's datatypes do not match