Bruno Wolff III wrote:

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 12:10:19 -0400,
 Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is there an HTML standard that we try to follow in our HTML docs such as FAQs?

If there isn't an explicit standard, may I suggest that we adopt XHTML 1.0 as the standard?

I ran accross an article a few weeks ago that suggested that this wasn't
all that great of an idea. Using HTML 4.01 should be just as useful.

I ran a cross a man in the street the other day who told me just the opposite ;-)

Seriously, if you to use an argument like this you need to cite the article, or at the very least summarise its arguments.

XHTML is simply a minimal reformulation of HTML in XML, and even uses the HTML 4.01 definitions for its semantics. Given that, it's hard to see why it should be considered a bad thing.

cheers

andrew

              http://archives.postgresql.org