On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

"Marc G. Fournier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Is there a reason the old/new can't be aliaseed to each other, instead of
the old just being removed?

Any change like that would require another initdb.  If we were going to
force another initdb, my vote would be to revert these functions to
where they were in beta1.  It was a mistake to change them in such a
hurry.

+1 on reverting them back then ... and on a quick beta3 (ie. by end of week?)

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq