Guys,

So, based on this discussion, I'd like to consider taking a second stab at
newsysviews:

1) Implement SQL03 changes into the information_schema, using some of the
code from newsysviews;

2) Modify the newsysviews to be extensions of the information_schema views:
        e.g. information_schema.tables would have the SQL03 information, and
        information_schema.tables_pg would have pg-specific stuff like table
size
and last analyzed date.

I think that this should answer the objections expressed to the newsysviews
and provide a path towards integrating them into the main code.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions