Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Is there any reason why we don't allow rsync access to the cvs repo?

The only reason I can possibly think of is server load, comparing the
timestamps for every file and directory in a repository for every rsync session
could be taxing if everyone under the sun and all their cousins could do it.

CVSync, on the other hand, can cache those timestamps into a file and send it
to the client, offloading the comparison workload from the server to the client
where it belongs.

Joel

--

// file: mice.h