On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Thomas Hallgren wrote:

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
But Thomas, that means finding someone willing to do the work to build the port ... :)

PL/java should be very easy to port. In fact, I'm not sure any specific porting is needed. There might be some minor makefile quirk (that is what has bitten me on other platforms). I don't have access to a FreeBSD machine so I can't try it.

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse here ... not "port it to FreeBSD", but "build a FreeBSD port" for the ports system ...

Here is the docuementatin for it:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index.html

As well as OpenBSD:

http://www.openbsd.org/porting.html

And, for NetBSD, all I'm finding is the following, but D'Arcy would be able to point further ...

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html

----

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster