Tom Lane wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> writes:
> > I created a simple docbook document on my computer with &inodot; and
> > ran openjade over and in the output file it is converted to &#305;.
>
> I experimented with that, and openjade didn't complain about it, but
> it renders in my browser (Safari) as
>
> Have the COPY command return a command tag that includes the number of rows
> copied (Volkan Yaz&inodot;c&inodot;)

Well, if I put a &inodot; into an HTML document and open it on my
browser (Epiphany, which is Mozilla-based), it surely looks like
verbatim &inodot;.  However, if I replace it with &#305; then it looks
like a dotless i.  So maybe your Openjade is not exactly the same
Martijn was using, because what I understood was that Openjade replaced
the &inodot; with &#305;, which should work.

Does your browser display it correctly if you replace manually with &#305;?

On the other hand, I don't understand why DocBook would be Latin-1 only.
What would be the point of that limitation?  Some googling seems to
reveal that people indeed uses other charsets, UTF-8 in particular (but
also Big5, Latin-2, etc), so apparently this isn't set in stone.  (I
admit that they mainly talk about XML Docbook though).

       match