Marlon Petry wrote:>

    > You can't. pg_dump in particular embodies an enormous amount of
    > knowledge that simply does not exist elsewhere. There is no
    > dump/restore API, and there is nothing you can hook up to using JNI,
    > AFAIK.
    Recently, there was the proposal to extract that knowledge to a
    library
    (making pg_dump itself just a wrapper). This sounds valuable more and
    more, is anybody working on this for 8.3?

I have interest in working,how i could start ?

Start by reading the code in src/bin/pg_dump

Then after you recover from your head exploding you start devising some sort of sane API ...

cheers

andrew

      match