Stefan Kaltenbrunner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> For now, yes.  In the long run, we want to provide users with other methods
>> of encrypted connections than the rather flaky and
>> not-available-on-every-platform OpenSSL.

> I'm curious - on what platform is OpenSSL NOT available ?

And even more curious to see you defend that offhanded bashing of OpenSSL,
a tool a whole lot of people (including me) depend on all day every day.
If Postgres had the market penetration of OpenSSL, our lives would be a
lot different.  Have you got even a shred of evidence that GSSAPI is
more stable than OpenSSL?

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq