Hi Team,

We are running the below query in PostgreSQL and its taking approx. 8 to 9 sec
to run the query.

Query - 1

Select * from
  (
  Select payment_sid_c,
  lms_app.translate_payment_status(payment_sid_c) AS paymentstatus
  from
  lms_app.lms_payment_check_request
  group by payment_sid_c) a
  where  paymentstatus in ('PAID', 'MANUALLYPAID')

The explain plan and other details are placed at below link for more
information. We have checked the indexes on column but in the explain plan it
is showing as Seq Scan which we have to find out.

https://explain.depesz.com/s/Jsiw#stats

This query is using a function translate_payment_status on column payment_sid_c
whose script is attached in this mail

Could please anyone help or suggest how to improve the query performance.

Thanks and Regards,
Mukesh Kumar