I agree with Esteban here, I think we just have to agree to disagree :)
To me as well, is: #Number reads 100x worse than isNumber.

On Jun 25, 2013, at 12:33 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> In general, the more methods we put into Object, the higher
> probability of name clashing (two projects using same selector
> for method in Object but for different purpose).
> It also slows down the lookup time, because VM checks every method
> dictionary, including Object.
> (not speaking of slowing down UI ;)

Really? I thought this was one of the things PIC's are good at for where it
matters, only recording cases for objects actually sent the message from a call
site.
(Not that that's a big consolation for isMorph and other abuses of
inheritance/polymorphism, but still...)

Cheers,
Henry