Thank you for taking care of this, Marcus!

While we're on the subject, there have been some issues which were not
resolved that were closed due to e.g. inactivity. I totally understand the
need to keep the bug tracker to a manageable size, but I feel that something
is lost when we do this. For example, a few times I've encountered a bug,
felt like I'd seen it before, checked the issue tracker and didn't see it
even though I was pretty sure I had already reported it, only to find out
after a bit of head-scratching that I had reported it, it still existed, but
had been closed. I find it very confusing.

Thinking about how to have it all, I thought that we should have a status
especially for these cases, so that they still exist, but can be easily
filtered out; something like "Stale". Actually, then we can probably be even
more agressive tagging them and getting them out of the way because they
will not disappear. My feeling is that this is still an "Active" status,
because there are definitely some long-standing bugs that we continuously
gather info about and there should be an obvious place to gather those bits.
On the other hand, even if it was a "Resolved" status, at least I'd know
right where to look if I didn't see my issue and could have a filter to
easily revive an inactive issue that was found to still be a problem.

What do you think?

Thanks.

-----
Cheers,