I agree, closing bugs , or deleting them, on the grounds that none has
comment on them for a very long time is a very bad idea. Pharo has a small
crowd of users and I seriously doubt they care much of the bug report
process. That does not make a bug any less important though.

In the end of the day, it would depend upon on a dev that seriously needs
that bug fixed and does it himself.
But then the questions arises how many people that find themselves against a
bug don't choose curtain number 2 and go around the bug instead of fixing it
, since it gets the job done faster.

Blender used to have close to 500 bugs ( now it has around 300 ), and it has
around 30 monthly commiters with at least 600 commits per month (
https://www.ohloh.net/p/blender <https://www.ohloh.net/p/blender>   ). So
its not as bad as it seems.

About non important bugs, very easy to fix bugs and already solved bugs, I
doubt that there are as many as you wish to think :) Bugs are rarely a walk
in the park , hence why bug fixing is not a favorite habit :D