On 13 Nov 2013, at 19:59, Benjamin <benjamin.vanryseghem.ph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It was a real question, and it feels like you overreacted the answer …
>
> To me, markdown or pier is a new syntax to learn so I am asking …
> To me, doing Pier because you do or because you said to is no really an
> argument.
>
> Then I am open to a real answer but I also see that markdown is integrated to
> a lot of tools (github and jekylls by examples)
> and that a lot of people knows about markdown.
>
> This was a real question, not a troll …

I like .md as well and yes, the github integration makes it compelling.

But one objective argument against Markdown and in favour of Pier is that the
former has no good parser and/or document model and and the latter does have
both, in Pharo. That means that we can write all sorts of tools ourselves and
get things finished, as was proven with the books.

There simply isn’t any definitive, unambiguous Markdown syntax (the github
variant is only one version).