De : Pharo-dev [pharo-dev-boun...@lists.pharo.org] de la part de Sean P.
DeNigris [s...@clipperadams.com]
Date d'envoi : mercredi 8 janvier 2014 22:22
À : pharo-dev@lists.pharo.org
Objet : Re: [Pharo-dev] Do you want to accept???????? Discard???????

kilon wrote
> The only thing that would make sense for removing confirmation dialogs is
> editable action history. Take a look at Photoshop. Some 3d apps also have
> something similar.  Every action is recorded at a history ( a list) and
> there is a gui that allow you to remove individual actions without
> deleting or affecting other actions. Very cool stuff.

Yes! That would be a dream. I was thinking last night that undo could be a
tree from high level concepts down to individual actions. Something like:
- edit #aMethod
  - paste
  - delete
    - backspace
    - backspace
- edit #anotherMethod
  - …

kilon wrote
> Undo also wont do, because I dont always realise my mistakes until much
> later on. And having to undo all my work to fix a stupid mistake is a
> nightmare.

Certainly it seems too harsh to throw away without any notification. For
now, I think the sweet spot for most people would be undo + non-instrusive
notification. Maybe an undo list like "Workspace previous contents" and a
Growl notification. If someone reaaaally needs the confirmation, we could
have a setting, but we're talking about a single method pane's edits -
overkill IMHO...

-----
Cheers,
Sean