Hi,

I'm also interested by an answer to that question. So far, what I have as status is: you need a plugin to handle communications with the serial port (either for direct RS232 or USB-to-Serial) and compiling the serial port plugin with the Pharo VM makes it unstable.

The solution we used was: to compile the serial plugin for the squeak VM and work in Squeak (4.3) instead of Pharo.

Thierry