Ciao,

> Hi,
>
> I'm also interested by an answer to that question. So far, what I have as
> status is: you need a plugin to handle communications with the serial port
> (either for direct RS232 or USB-to-Serial) and compiling the serial port
> plugin with the Pharo VM makes it unstable.

I dont know " compiling " plugin  area.   ( i work with Windows 7 )

> The solution we used was: to compile the serial plugin for the squeak VM and
> work in Squeak (4.3) instead of Pharo.

        Can you explain more detail about it?

        My test is :

        I download the   Pharo 2.0 #20628               and i    use the
SerialPort      class.

        The first time i   do the code:

                        | srl |

                        srl := SerialPort new.
                        srl close.

                        srl openPort: 'COM1'.

                        srl nextPutAll: #[ 27 66 2 2 ] .

        The RS232 device work fine.

        After the first time, when submit the same code the system answer:

                Error: Cannot open 'COM1'

        A this time i need to restart the Pharo environment.

        Any considerations,  suggestions ?

        Thanks,

                Dario