On 23 Apr 2014, at 19:55, Ben Coman <b...@openinworld.com> wrote:

> Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>> And we're all GREEN, great work !
>> Let's keep it that way until release.
>> Everything that breaks a test should now be reverted.
>>

> Thats great news.   However while the CI monkey is great, there are still a
> few tests (at least in Windows) that fail in a fresh image since:
> * they are bypassed by the CI
> * they are not run on a Windows CI slave
>
> I fixed a few similar failures but ran out of time to finish this. It might
> be worthwhile some others doing a pass the old fashioned way via the
> TestRunner GUI.  Thats what users will end up seeing.  It would be "real
> nice" if TestRunner showed users ALL GREEN for the Released image.  I've just
> started a run with the latest image while I head off to bed.  I'll report
> more on the issue tracker tomorrow.

Agreed, but we know from experience that running the tests in a very controlled
environment is the only way to have a common frame of reference. Yes, there are
always a couple of guys that will download the release, run all tests and
complain about a couple of failures. It would be super if we could avoid that,
but I am pretty sure that will not happen (i.e. they will not succeed 100% for
everyone).

More eyes (especially on, the many different variants of, Windows) will always
help, but the community is what it is.

Sven