Now I'm glad that I just read [1] which says "Today (15 Aug 2014), Spec is changing its license. Until today, Spec was released under the MIT license." I was just about to again rant about the apparent silent relicensing of Spec on 6 Jan 2014 [2] to the CCPL-A-NC-SA [3] (Creative Commons Public License Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike).  So I'll optimistically consider that was just poorly thought out rather than a cunning plan.

Yet this still presents some complication.  The CPPL was the documented license of the Spec git repository from 6 Jan 2014 to 16 Aug 2014 [4].  When BenVR submitted this CPPL licensed code into Pharo, he implicitly relicensed "his" parts as MIT.  However he is unable to similarly relicense the code of a third party contributor like Yuriy.  Only Yuriy can do that.  Now even though Yuriy's code in external Spec repository might be encumbered by the CPPL, it is still "his" code. He retains the copyright for it in all distributions.  He can even relicense his code that portion of it at any time, even if upon distribution it would pick up the CPPL again.  However if all contributors [5] similarly agree that their Spec contributions are MIT licensed in Pharo, then we should be in the clear. Could I ask the board follow up directly with those contributors [5] (off list) to confirm their Spec contributions current in Pharo to date are MIT licensed.  This might be making a mountain out of a mole hill, but that is what keeps the wolves at bay.

[1] http://spec.st/license/gpl/mit/2014/08/15/Spec_change_license.html
[2] https://github.com/spec-framework/spec/blob/8d8e85934188be486c9e91e5bff44670c451d00d/LICENSE
[3] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/legalcode
[4] https://github.com/bencoman/spec/commit/dc7b5ed7bfb129e29c131e9f97b1333f81c4cec9