I agree, my objection too is how it looks syntax wise. As I said I don't
understand pragmas deeply enough to make a decision if I want them removed
or not.

Tag wise, well I think a tag should be an IDE and not a language feature.
But thats my personal preference. Protocols for me at least is another way
to tag things.

As I said in the past I would prefer a more elaborate system of tagging for
methods and classes similar how Stackoverflow questions work of default and
custom tags.

On the other hand, people like different things so I never made a big deal
out of it.  So for now I just tolerate pragmas and they do tolerate me :D