The point is, every piece of code needs to be written and maintained which
takes time and energy from other activities.

However I imagine that taking the current Pharo theme and just moving the
buttons around wouldn't be a complex task (or perhaps even making it
customizable option).

Personally since my OS doesn't use these buttons at all I don't really care
at which side they are.

Peter