lot of time ago we decided *not* to pretend imitate any OS L&F, because is
first a lot of work, and second a lose of time: they do not fit, and if you
want to make them fit for real you need to spend *really* much time there (and
you probably will fail anyway).
Themes remained there without being maintained and they started to break. As no
one uses it, no one noticed :) So we started to remove them.
Now… I would like to not just remove anything, but to move them to a graveyard,
where it can be revived by any necromancer who wants to give them a try. We
need to improve there.
w2k theme was… old. Didn’t fit with any current L&F, not windows either.

So, if you used the w2k theme just because of the icons (and also… I have to
say it: windows and mac *is not* the same: windows is plenty of home-made L&F
that does not respect any design rule… mac is not like that). But well, coming
back: if you want that old theme just for the icons, I just recommend you to
take current theme and modify it to have the icons where you want (should not
be so difficult). In the long term, it will be a lot more maintainable :)

cheers,
Esteban