On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 12:15 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <s...@clipperadams.com>
wrote:

> I dream that all documents in my Dynabook are WYSIWYG. However, the
> computing world seems to have regressed into writing documents in various
> forms of assembly code.

Completely disagree, that it's a regression in any way :)  Text-based
document writing has enabled so many more features than WYSIWYG approaches
have ever dreamed of. I would be happy to debate the merits of the two
approaches, feature-for-feature.

You're basically pining for the equivalent of VisualBasic drag & drop
programming, versus the flexibility of writing code in an editor. The
latter wins, no contest. (Now, that is not to say that text-based code
editing can't be /improved/ with better IDE tools, that's what we're all
about after all.)