philippeback wrote
> Pillar is fine as long as we aren't forced into the backend quirks to get
> given output.

This is actually much more productive than I thought it would be :) We've
identified some key intentions:
- easy to version
- easy to contribute
- live (whether preview rendering or model being worked on)
- portable (to other formats); i.e. not tied to one backend; I would add
here that any syntax is just a serialized, dead form of the live model,
which is what I really want to think about
- easy to use for beginners (like WYSIWYG, live help)
- pathway to efficient use for experts (a la command line, shortcuts,
gestures; not mouse selection)

That's a really great list. And WYSIWYG and Pillar are two different
explorations into that problem space. But there is no point trying to
convince through words, only to produce your favored approach that adresses
those points more effectively than the other approach, or maybe we end up
with two amazing approaches, like emacs and vim and we can happily debate
forever ;)

-----
Cheers,
Sean