On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 12:05 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Either you run doits in separate process (as Sven demonstrated),
> or you run it in UI process, blocking the rest of UI.
> Stef, you complaining about not being able to see output of code that
> blocks a process from doing such output.
> I wonder how you going to fix that, and how much other complaints you will
> face,
> once you will fix that.
> The solution could be to change the whole UI paradigm and separate
> rendering from UI handling, which means that display no longer depends on
> what UI process are busy with.

In troubleshooting a few system red-screen-of-deaths over time, it crossed
my mind a few times that it might be safer if the #drawOn: methods were
written in a functional paradigm, and be passed a kind of "RenderContext"
object containing everything they need to render.

> That means a lot of work revising the way how morphic delivers content to
> the real estate..

I guess Bloc is doing a lot of this work anyway.   Maybe further discussion
of a separate rendering loop would be worthwhile?
cheers -ben