>> How silent should "compileSilently" be?
>>
>> no trace in the system :
>> 15314 <https://pharo.fogbugz.com/default.asp?15314>
>> compileSilently and method history / changes file
>>
>> not half silenlty
>> 13023 <https://pharo.fogbugz.com/default.asp?13023>
>> Test Cases should not do things half silently
>>
>> not "SystemAnnouncer-silent"
>> 10560 <https://pharo.fogbugz.com/default.asp?10560>
>> SystemAnnouncer and compileSilently
>>

>> ?
>>
>> What do you think, what granularity of "silent" do we need.
>> I see at least three different use cases:
>>
>> - just an ordinary compile
>>

> ? Silent means that: Core infrastructure is not updated properly (i.e.
> RPackage) and tools (Browsers) can end desynchronised with the methods.
>

>> - compile for tests
>>

> Probably the one... But I wonder if this is a good idea anyway. I'd
> believe most tests using silently are using it wrongly and shouldn't be
> using it in the first place.
>

>> - compile autogenerated methods.
>>

> This one may not be silent. If the auto-generated method will be visible
> (saved in a package, can be browsed, etc...) then it shouldn't be silent.

What about compiled method for which the source did not change?

I am interested on this for issue 15315, everytime you open spotter, you'll
get a new

"method: PharoSyntaxTutorial divideTwoByZero; AutoGenTutorial 5/28/2015
20:34"

in you changes file.

Another case are autogenerated methods from NativeBoost.
For example, open a fresh image and execute code that triggers NativeBoost
to install native functions for this session.
(EllipseMorph new openInSceneView)

And now look at your list of recent changes.
I get about 30 entries for athens/cairo methods.