Hi Mariano,

This presents me with a big challenge, then. I read the docs and explored the code and the only other aspect not mentioned, beyond instance creation (#fuelNew #fuelNew:) and postMaterialization (#fuelAfterMaterialization), is migrations. However, migration only allows for instanceVar mappings, no code blocks.

#fuelAccept: is a serialization side method.

If Fuel supports substitution on serialization, I don't understand why no substitution support on materialization.

I am definitely going to use the world-class Fuel binary serialization system. However, I find myself needing to extend Fuel to support substitution on materialization. Perhaps the solution is a custom decoder.

No, a bit more. It looks like I need a new FLSubstitutePointerObjectCluster, write them on serialization with the substitute, then do unsubstitution on materialization, since the cluster controls materialization and not the decoder.

Does this approach seem sound to you, from a you know architecture and design approach?

thanks so much ^^
Robert