Hi again,

I wil try to respond to most of you in this e-mail:

@ Thierry:

> Would you be able to retrieve the same information from github that
> GitFileTree does when it extract package version history information?

It would be nice to have some less metadata in the repository (or none at all),
especially for merging. Method and author timestamps can be gathered from the
commit information, the “version” fill in the monticello.meta directory is not
necessary too I think, since we have the commit messages obviously..

I think having a FileTree reader/writer that is not coupled to Monticello would
be good, but maybe I’m saying something that is not possible.

> - I get NeoJSON parser errors.

Yes me too now when switching repositories. It appears when you switch from a
repository, it uses the same branch name of the old one.

> - I don't get all my repositories (well, in practice allmost none, however I
> get all the pharo books), so I can't test that metadata-less.

Alright so this is odd.. Martin had the same behavior. Thank you for all your
feedback, it’s very helpful.

> Nice to see that nice graph widget put to good use :) But it could have less
> white space on the left.

True, I didn’t fine tune the small details yet. ;)

> I'm also a taker for a few more comments...

Yes you’re right, some classes lack comments. Gah, so many TODOs.

@ Dale & Thierry:

> Now, how do I contribute if I want to? Where is the repository I should fork
> on github? I'm also a taker for a few more comments..

> Very interesting ... if you put your project up on github, I would fork it
> and port it to tODE as this is something that has been on my todo list for
> awhile:)

I will set up a GitHub repository tomorrow. Right now it’s on SmalltalkHub, but
I think it’s a good idea to put it on GitHub (if only for doing versioning with
the tool itself). Then you’ll be able to fork etc.

I’ll report back in this thread.

@ Dimitris:

> By the way do you develop this using the latest pharo 5 image and latest
> pharo vm ?

Yes I do.

The bugs appear differ a lot from user to user.
Some have trouble logging in, some don’t. Some people don’t get all the
repositories in the list, some do, etc.

@ Stef:

>     - help if you want

Help is always welcome! Great to see that so many people take interest.

So summary TODO list:

- Put the repository on GitHub for everyone to collaborate
- More documentation
- Fix some of those pesky bugs which vary from person to person.