Hi Skip,

> Hi again,
>
> I wil try to respond to most of you in this e-mail:
>
> @ Thierry:
>
> > Would you be able to retrieve the same information from github that
> GitFileTree does when it extract package version history information?
>
> It would be nice to have some less metadata in the repository (or none at
> all), especially for merging. Method and author timestamps can be gathered
> from the commit information, the “version” fill in the monticello.meta
> directory is not necessary too I think, since we have the commit messages
> obviously..

Well, GitFileTree has all that code:
- Monticello metadata extraction from git logs
- Filetree without Metadata
Some of the information in the meta directory is necessary (pre/post load
scripts).

> I think having a FileTree reader/writer that is not coupled to Monticello
> would be good, but maybe I’m saying something that is not possible.

No, it is possible (everything is), but a bit complex for maintenance (how
do you track changes and corrections in the FileTree code?).

> > - I get NeoJSON parser errors.
>
> Yes me too now when switching repositories. It appears when you switch
> from a repository, it uses the same branch name of the old one.

Ok.

> > - I don't get all my repositories (well, in practice allmost none,
> however I get all the pharo books), so I can't test that metadata-less.
>
> Alright so this is odd.. Martin had the same behavior. Thank you for all
> your feedback, it’s very helpful.

Maybe just an effect of the ordering (github gives you a list of
repositories, isn't it?)

> > Nice to see that nice graph widget put to good use :) But it could have
> less white space on the left.
>
> True, I didn’t fine tune the small details yet. ;)
>
> > I'm also a taker for a few more comments...
>
> Yes you’re right, some classes lack comments. Gah, so many TODOs.

Welcome to the world of interesting software :)

> @ Dale & Thierry:
>
> > Now, how do I contribute if I want to? Where is the repository I should
> fork on github? I'm also a taker for a few more comments..
>
> > Very interesting ... if you put your project up on github, I would fork
> it and port it to tODE as this is something that has been on my todo list
> for awhile:)
>

> I will set up a GitHub repository tomorrow. Right now it’s on
> SmalltalkHub, but I think it’s a good idea to put it on GitHub (if only for
> doing versioning with the tool itself). Then you’ll be able to fork etc.
>
> I’ll report back in this thread.
>
> @ Dimitris:
>
> > By the way do you develop this using the latest pharo 5 image and latest
> pharo vm ?
>
> Yes I do.
>
> The bugs appear differ a lot from user to user.
> Some have trouble logging in, some don’t. Some people don’t get all the
> repositories in the list, some do, etc.
>
> @ Stef:
>
> >     - help if you want
>
> Help is always welcome! Great to see that so many people take interest.
>
> So summary TODO list:
>
> - Put the repository on GitHub for everyone to collaborate
> - More documentation
> - Fix some of those pesky bugs which vary from person to person.

Thierry